With a new school year comes big challenges and even bigger accomplishments. No one knows that more than your child's teacher, who spends weeks before the first day preparing for an amazing year (and often using his or her own money for supplies and decorations).
If you're lucky, your child's teachers will serve as an important, positive role model in their growth and academic excellence.
If their teachers are lucky, they'll receive unwavering support and appreciation from parents like you.
5 Ways to Support Your Child's Teacher This Year:
1. Share your skills with the class. If you're tech-savvy, offer to set up a classroom website. If you love sewing or crafting, ask your child's teacher if she needs help with decorations or projects. If cooking or baking is your passion, bring in a healthy treat for the class one day.
2. Help them restock. A few months into the school year, a teacher's supply closet starts to look a little sparse. Just offering to restock one or two supplies can make a world of difference to a teacher.
3. Master your child's nightly and morning routine. When your child feels prepared, great things happen in the classroom. Make each day count by getting your child to bed on time, making sure their homework is complete and providing them with a healthy breakfast.
4. Communicate with them. When things at home are stressful, your child's behavior can change dramatically. When teachers understand what's going on, they're better equipped to help your child during classroom time.
5. Treat them! Every hard-working educator deserves a thoughtful gift. Here at Magnets USA and LifeLong Cutlery, we believe in gifts that will last for years to come. Some of our favorite gifts for teachers include Stainless Steel Soap, our Keepsake Wine Box, Pizza Tongs and the 3-Piece Cheese Knife Set. Each one can be personalized for a heartfelt gift.