Everyone loves receiving gifts, especially your clients. Whatever the occasion might be — a closing, a referral or a simple thank you — gift-giving is much more than an opportunity to put a smile on your client's face (although that's certainly part of the plan).
1. Gift-giving is a show of gratitude. Your clients didn't have to choose you. In a world where almost every industry is saturated, there is always another choice. But your clients saw something in you that set you apart from the rest. Show them how thankful you are for their business and their time with a meaningful gift.
2. Gift-giving enhances a client's overall experience. A gift is the cherry on top of a great experience. It brings your time together to a nice, neat close — all while solidifying your business relationship and creating a loyal client.
3. Gift-giving supports the power of reciprocity. This one's simple, but huge. Most people respond to a positive action (like gift-giving) with their own positive action (a referral or glowing review). In today's competitive market, you can't afford not to take advantage of this.
When choosing a gift for clients, ask yourself:
1. Is it unique? When clients are given a gift not many others have, they're more likely to show it off to friends and family. And when people talk about your gift, they tend to talk about you, too.
2. Is it useful? A gift that makes the recipient's life a little easier is always more appreciated than something superfluous.
3. Is it high-quality? Investing in high-quality, useful gifts costs you nothing in the long run and will return value many times over in referrals and repeat business. When you give a cheap gift, the opposite occurs; you've wasted your time and money and the marketing value is negligible. In the long run, cheap gifts actually cost you more.
4. Does the presentation scream something special is inside? Think of the way your gift looks as a first impression — it's everything. Not only does a top-notch presentation create excitement, but it serves as a reflection of your brand. Don't inadvertently cheapen your gift — and your name — by ignoring the value of the presentation.
5. Does it come with a warranty or guarantee? It's important to choose a gift from a company that stands behind their products. Be sure to include any information about the company with your gift, so future issues can be dealt with easily and promptly.
6. Are there long-term marketing benefits for me? It's well known that most clients are happy to work with you again IF they remember your name. When your business information is marked permanently on the gift, it's impossible to forget. Plus, a gift that features your information is, in most cases, tax-deductible.
Overwhelmed now to find the perfect gift, the one that answers "yes" to all of these questions? Don't worry. Our collection of LifeLong Gifts — known for superior quality, personalization that lasts a lifetime and wow-worthy presentation — was made for this.
See our Holiday Gift Guide for a round-up of our favorite personalized gifts.
When our customers are happy, we're happy. So imagine how we felt when we came across this video testimonial by LifeLong Cutlery fan and real estate agent Debbie Jackson.
Debbie recently gave our gift-ready 3-Piece Kitchen Essentials set (shown below) as a closing gift and fell in love with the engraving, quality and presentation. Take a look at at what she has to say:
We could go on for days about the benefits of LifeLong Cutlery, our brand of premier client gifts, but we know that's just not as interesting as hearing it from fellow real estate agents — agents who experience many of the same challenges as you do.
Check out this short interview with Nancy and Bill J., a husband-wife team we met at a recent Keller Williams convention. It's incredibly inspiring to meet people who are impacted so positively by our products!
With a new school year comes big challenges and even bigger accomplishments. No one knows that more than your child's teacher, who spends weeks before the first day preparing for an amazing year (and often using his or her own money for supplies and decorations).
If you're lucky, your child's teachers will serve as an important, positive role model in their growth and academic excellence.
If their teachers are lucky, they'll receive unwavering support and appreciation from parents like you.
5 Ways to Support Your Child's Teacher This Year:
1. Share your skills with the class. If you're tech-savvy, offer to set up a classroom website. If you love sewing or crafting, ask your child's teacher if she needs help with decorations or projects. If cooking or baking is your passion, bring in a healthy treat for the class one day.
2. Help them restock. A few months into the school year, a teacher's supply closet starts to look a little sparse. Just offering to restock one or two supplies can make a world of difference to a teacher.
3. Master your child's nightly and morning routine. When your child feels prepared, great things happen in the classroom. Make each day count by getting your child to bed on time, making sure their homework is complete and providing them with a healthy breakfast.
4. Communicate with them. When things at home are stressful, your child's behavior can change dramatically. When teachers understand what's going on, they're better equipped to help your child during classroom time.
5. Treat them! Every hard-working educator deserves a thoughtful gift. Here at Magnets USA and LifeLong Cutlery, we believe in gifts that will last for years to come. Some of our favorite gifts for teachers include Stainless Steel Soap, our Keepsake Wine Box, Pizza Tongs and the 3-Piece Cheese Knife Set. Each one can be personalized for a heartfelt gift.
Return to proven methods of lead generation and building client loyalty. Answer your phone, respond promptly to inquiries and connect with clients personally and often.
For us, annual conventions like Keller Williams Mega Camp — which took place this month in Austin — are much more than an opportunity to introduce new products and connect with thousands of customers.
They're a way to learn first-hand about new challenges facing the real estate industry. After all, we depend on this knowledge to shape our products and processes.
WHAT DID WE LEARN AT MEGA CAMP?
In a speech to thousands of eager agents, Keller Williams co-founder Gary Keller warned of an oncoming market shift. The agents who survive this shift, he said, will be the ones who adapt now.
“The second you're in one market, start acting like you're in the next,” Keller said. "When a market shifts, there's only one thing to do: shift with it."
HOW CAN YOU ENSURE SUCCESS IN THE SHIFT?
It's simple, really: Return to proven methods of lead generation and building client loyalty. Answer your phone, respond promptly to inquiries and connect with clients personally and often.
HOW CAN MAGNETS USA HELP?
For 26 years and counting, we've offered products that generate leads and build lasting client relationships. Our products are tried-and-true tools that show you're a local expert and are passionate about the communities you serve. This is the type of agent who will survive a market shift.
5 WAYS TO GET STARTED:
1. Market with calendars. For years, our magnetic tear-off calendars have led directly to listings. With covers inspired by greeting cards, our calendars are an extra-special way to keep your contact information within clients' reach. But don't take our word for it. Hear from David R., who's been marketing with our calendars since 2010:
"We now receive requests for the calendar. I anticipate we will receive eight to 10 listings from our mail-out over the year. From experience, we know not all calendars are the same quality; yours are the best. For the money, this is the most effective marketing tool we use."
2. Include a Personalized Insert. A simple note can go a long way in today's screen-obsessed culture. Our personalized inserts — which you can add to just about any order — are a fun, yet professional, way to introduce yourself, ask for referrals and let recipients know you're always there to help (pictured above).
3. Give LifeLong Cutlery at your closings. Gift cards and wine get used and thrown away. A piece of engraved cutlery lasts forever. A closing is just the beginning of your relationship with a client, and nothing builds that bond better than a sincere thank-you gift they'll use every day. With so many recent additions to LifeLong Cutlery — including an ice cream paddle/serving spoon (featured below), there's something for every budget and client.
4. Show appreciation for referrals. The success of your business depends on referrals. When a someone refers you, don't let your appreciation go unnoticed. One of our favorite referral gifts is Infinity Stainless Steel Soap, a unique kitchen gadget that removes foul cooking odors (fish, onion and garlic) from your hands. The best part? Most kitchens don't have one!
5. Don't stop by without a pop-by. Let's be honest: "I was just stopping by" sounds so much better when you come bearing gifts. Reconnect with clients and introduce yourself to prospects with a little gift like our new Stainless Steel Bottle Openers (call to pre-order) and Infinity Kitchen Scrapers. Both gifts are personalized with your information, come with paper pillow boxes and are under $3 a piece.
Imagine this: The season's first high school football game is about to kick off, and every parent in the stands has already heard your name. Sounds amazing, right?
That's the opportunity you have when you market with magnetic high school football schedules.
Not only are football schedules extremely useful, but they're designed to keep your business information front-and-center on the fridge all season. And with so many layouts to choose from, you can feature all your local teams!
But what's the best way to get your schedules in the right hands? Here are two of our favorite plays:
Pass them out at games.
Stand by the ticket book and give a schedule to everyone in line. It's that easy — and fun! You'll meet tons of potential clients and show them you're invested in the community.
Leave some behind at popular hangouts.
Think about where fans go after a winning game. Nearby sports bars? Coffee shops? By doing this, you'll catch potential clients while the excitement of the game is still fresh.
No matter which one you choose (hopefully both!), know that magnetic football schedules are a marketing strategy that lasts. Packed with pertinent game information, they’re a convenient resource your community will refer to throughout the season — and a useful gift they’ll keep on their fridges or office filing cabinets for months.
How often do you think your business cards make it out of wallets? Once or twice a year? What if clients and leads saw your business information every day?
That's where our newest marketing product — The Infinity Kitchen Scraper — comes in. These bright, bold household essentials proudly and permanently feature your contact information and logo.
Clients will use their scrapers daily for removing stuck-on food from pots, pans, counter tops, windows and more.
Every side of the scraper is designed with care: The jagged edge easily cleans grills and refrigerator racks; the large, curved corner scrapes cast-iron skillets and large dishes; the small corner is perfect for glass dishes; and the raised edge offers comfortable gripping.
3 ways to make Kitchen Scrapers work for your business:
1. Use them as pop-by gifts. Walk your neighborhoods, say hello and leave behind a useful gift as a reminder of your services.
2. Use them as open-house favors. At your next open house, leave a basket of scrapers in the kitchen. Potential buyers won't forget it!
3. Use them like business cards at networking events. Stand out among other professionals with the most unique business card in the room. Plus, they're a great conversation-starter and won't get tossed.
Interested in trying Infinity Kitchen Scrapers? Learn more.
Just like the sport itself, distributing football schedules requires strategy, face-to-face contact and a little legwork.
So to help you get the most out of your marketing, we've come up with a list of creative ways to get your shiny new schedules in all the right hands.
1. One of the best ways to distribute schedules is at high school football games. Here, you'll have endless opportunity to meet parents and other potential clients. Plus, when your schedule features local teams, you're offering them a product of true interest.
2. Leave a stack at sports bars, takeout restaurants and popular post-game hangouts. You'll catch fans when they have football on the brain! Most local business owners are more than happy to display schedules by their cash register or on the bar.
3. Post a photo to your Facebook page. Post a photo of your schedules to your social media accounts, and ask followers to contact you if they'd like one. If your post isn't reaching that many people, boost it to those who live in your area and are interested in the teams featured on the schedule.
4. Give some to your friends and family. They're your biggest supporters, so don't be shy about asking for help. Mom, Dad, Uncle Bob and your little brother can distribute your schedules while they're out and about.
5. Let us mail them for you. No time to distribute schedules yourself? We completely understand. From stuffing and sealing to addressing and shipping your envelopes, we'll mail your schedules to your list. And if you don't have a large mailing list or just want some fresh contacts, we can help with that, too.
Our tagline boasts "Products that Inspire." But really, at the heart of our company, are people that inspire.
Yesterday, several of our employees joined our friends at Keller Williams Realty to deliver supplies to the flood victims in West Virginia. What they witnessed was life-changing.
What Becky saw
Once the supplies were unloaded, we traveled around the streets closest to the river. The destruction and devastation was shocking. People were quietly working to carry out water and mud-soaked belongings — or what was left of them. They were still in shock, but at the same time, so thankful for the gallons of water we carried to them. Over and over again, we heard "God Bless You" and "Where did you travel from?"
I asked a young mother if her two small boys were okay. She softly stated (so her boys could not hear), "We have to find a new home." She was fighting back tears. I could tell by the look on her face that she had lost everything.
In the center of town, an entire parking lot was filled with people preparing food, donations of food and supplies being dropped off. There was a quietness in the air, as if no words needed to be spoken.
What Sabrina saw
I don't have much money, but what I do have is time and strength. I went to West Virginia because Keller Williams gave us this great opportunity to help a community in need. I can't imagine how helpless they all must feel. It was a truly powerful experience that I was happy to be a part of. The most rewarding part of volunteering was going down each road to deliver water to those unable to get to the supply tents or check-points. They were all so truly thankful and stoic, despite the odds.
What Toni saw
Yesterday's trip to West Virginia was a very humbling experience for me. I thought of how we take things like running water and lights for granted. Those affected by the storm were so grateful to receive a gallon of water to wash away some of the devastation they had endured. I am truly changed by what I witnessed.
What Hank saw
I saw so many people with the look of hopelessness on their face, and yet they've bonded together to help one another. I never heard a cross word from anyone, only helping and caring. This really opened my eyes to what we all take for granted. My heart was filled with joy knowing I did something to help, if only for a few hours.
We might be biased, but our 2017 calendar lineup is gorgeous, helpful and unique. That's all due to these dedicated guys and gals you see here. Led by our amazing graphics manager Susan, this group of designers has spent the past several months creating a collection we think you'll love.