With a new school year comes big challenges and even bigger accomplishments. No one knows that more than your child's teacher, who spends weeks before the first day preparing for an amazing year (and often using his or her own money for supplies and decorations).
If you're lucky, your child's teachers will serve as an important, positive role model in their growth and academic excellence.
If their teachers are lucky, they'll receive unwavering support and appreciation from parents like you.
5 Ways to Support Your Child's Teacher This Year:
1. Share your skills with the class. If you're tech-savvy, offer to set up a classroom website. If you love sewing or crafting, ask your child's teacher if she needs help with decorations or projects. If cooking or baking is your passion, bring in a healthy treat for the class one day.
2. Help them restock. A few months into the school year, a teacher's supply closet starts to look a little sparse. Just offering to restock one or two supplies can make a world of difference to a teacher.
3. Master your child's nightly and morning routine. When your child feels prepared, great things happen in the classroom. Make each day count by getting your child to bed on time, making sure their homework is complete and providing them with a healthy breakfast.
4. Communicate with them. When things at home are stressful, your child's behavior can change dramatically. When teachers understand what's going on, they're better equipped to help your child during classroom time.
5. Treat them! Every hard-working educator deserves a thoughtful gift. Here at Magnets USA and LifeLong Cutlery, we believe in gifts that will last for years to come. Some of our favorite gifts for teachers include Stainless Steel Soap, our Keepsake Wine Box, Pizza Tongs and the 3-Piece Cheese Knife Set. Each one can be personalized for a heartfelt gift.
Return to proven methods of lead generation and building client loyalty. Answer your phone, respond promptly to inquiries and connect with clients personally and often.
For us, annual conventions like Keller Williams Mega Camp — which took place this month in Austin — are much more than an opportunity to introduce new products and connect with thousands of customers.
They're a way to learn first-hand about new challenges facing the real estate industry. After all, we depend on this knowledge to shape our products and processes.
WHAT DID WE LEARN AT MEGA CAMP?
In a speech to thousands of eager agents, Keller Williams co-founder Gary Keller warned of an oncoming market shift. The agents who survive this shift, he said, will be the ones who adapt now.
“The second you're in one market, start acting like you're in the next,” Keller said. "When a market shifts, there's only one thing to do: shift with it."
HOW CAN YOU ENSURE SUCCESS IN THE SHIFT?
It's simple, really: Return to proven methods of lead generation and building client loyalty. Answer your phone, respond promptly to inquiries and connect with clients personally and often.
HOW CAN MAGNETS USA HELP?
For 26 years and counting, we've offered products that generate leads and build lasting client relationships. Our products are tried-and-true tools that show you're a local expert and are passionate about the communities you serve. This is the type of agent who will survive a market shift.
5 WAYS TO GET STARTED:
1. Market with calendars. For years, our magnetic tear-off calendars have led directly to listings. With covers inspired by greeting cards, our calendars are an extra-special way to keep your contact information within clients' reach. But don't take our word for it. Hear from David R., who's been marketing with our calendars since 2010:
"We now receive requests for the calendar. I anticipate we will receive eight to 10 listings from our mail-out over the year. From experience, we know not all calendars are the same quality; yours are the best. For the money, this is the most effective marketing tool we use."
2. Include a Personalized Insert. A simple note can go a long way in today's screen-obsessed culture. Our personalized inserts — which you can add to just about any order — are a fun, yet professional, way to introduce yourself, ask for referrals and let recipients know you're always there to help (pictured above).
3. Give LifeLong Cutlery at your closings. Gift cards and wine get used and thrown away. A piece of engraved cutlery lasts forever. A closing is just the beginning of your relationship with a client, and nothing builds that bond better than a sincere thank-you gift they'll use every day. With so many recent additions to LifeLong Cutlery — including an ice cream paddle/serving spoon (featured below), there's something for every budget and client.
4. Show appreciation for referrals. The success of your business depends on referrals. When a someone refers you, don't let your appreciation go unnoticed. One of our favorite referral gifts is Infinity Stainless Steel Soap, a unique kitchen gadget that removes foul cooking odors (fish, onion and garlic) from your hands. The best part? Most kitchens don't have one!
5. Don't stop by without a pop-by. Let's be honest: "I was just stopping by" sounds so much better when you come bearing gifts. Reconnect with clients and introduce yourself to prospects with a little gift like our new Stainless Steel Bottle Openers (call to pre-order) and Infinity Kitchen Scrapers. Both gifts are personalized with your information, come with paper pillow boxes and are under $3 a piece.
Imagine this: The season's first high school football game is about to kick off, and every parent in the stands has already heard your name. Sounds amazing, right?
That's the opportunity you have when you market with magnetic high school football schedules.
Not only are football schedules extremely useful, but they're designed to keep your business information front-and-center on the fridge all season. And with so many layouts to choose from, you can feature all your local teams!
But what's the best way to get your schedules in the right hands? Here are two of our favorite plays:
Pass them out at games.
Stand by the ticket book and give a schedule to everyone in line. It's that easy — and fun! You'll meet tons of potential clients and show them you're invested in the community.
Leave some behind at popular hangouts.
Think about where fans go after a winning game. Nearby sports bars? Coffee shops? By doing this, you'll catch potential clients while the excitement of the game is still fresh.
No matter which one you choose (hopefully both!), know that magnetic football schedules are a marketing strategy that lasts. Packed with pertinent game information, they’re a convenient resource your community will refer to throughout the season — and a useful gift they’ll keep on their fridges or office filing cabinets for months.
How often do you think your business cards make it out of wallets? Once or twice a year? What if clients and leads saw your business information every day?
That's where our newest marketing product — The Infinity Kitchen Scraper — comes in. These bright, bold household essentials proudly and permanently feature your contact information and logo.
Clients will use their scrapers daily for removing stuck-on food from pots, pans, counter tops, windows and more.
Every side of the scraper is designed with care: The jagged edge easily cleans grills and refrigerator racks; the large, curved corner scrapes cast-iron skillets and large dishes; the small corner is perfect for glass dishes; and the raised edge offers comfortable gripping.
3 ways to make Kitchen Scrapers work for your business:
1. Use them as pop-by gifts. Walk your neighborhoods, say hello and leave behind a useful gift as a reminder of your services.
2. Use them as open-house favors. At your next open house, leave a basket of scrapers in the kitchen. Potential buyers won't forget it!
3. Use them like business cards at networking events. Stand out among other professionals with the most unique business card in the room. Plus, they're a great conversation-starter and won't get tossed.
Interested in trying Infinity Kitchen Scrapers? Learn more.
Our tagline boasts "Products that Inspire." But really, at the heart of our company, are people that inspire.
Yesterday, several of our employees joined our friends at Keller Williams Realty to deliver supplies to the flood victims in West Virginia. What they witnessed was life-changing.
What Becky saw
Once the supplies were unloaded, we traveled around the streets closest to the river. The destruction and devastation was shocking. People were quietly working to carry out water and mud-soaked belongings — or what was left of them. They were still in shock, but at the same time, so thankful for the gallons of water we carried to them. Over and over again, we heard "God Bless You" and "Where did you travel from?"
I asked a young mother if her two small boys were okay. She softly stated (so her boys could not hear), "We have to find a new home." She was fighting back tears. I could tell by the look on her face that she had lost everything.
In the center of town, an entire parking lot was filled with people preparing food, donations of food and supplies being dropped off. There was a quietness in the air, as if no words needed to be spoken.
What Sabrina saw
I don't have much money, but what I do have is time and strength. I went to West Virginia because Keller Williams gave us this great opportunity to help a community in need. I can't imagine how helpless they all must feel. It was a truly powerful experience that I was happy to be a part of. The most rewarding part of volunteering was going down each road to deliver water to those unable to get to the supply tents or check-points. They were all so truly thankful and stoic, despite the odds.
What Toni saw
Yesterday's trip to West Virginia was a very humbling experience for me. I thought of how we take things like running water and lights for granted. Those affected by the storm were so grateful to receive a gallon of water to wash away some of the devastation they had endured. I am truly changed by what I witnessed.
What Hank saw
I saw so many people with the look of hopelessness on their face, and yet they've bonded together to help one another. I never heard a cross word from anyone, only helping and caring. This really opened my eyes to what we all take for granted. My heart was filled with joy knowing I did something to help, if only for a few hours.
We might be biased, but our 2017 calendar lineup is gorgeous, helpful and unique. That's all due to these dedicated guys and gals you see here. Led by our amazing graphics manager Susan, this group of designers has spent the past several months creating a collection we think you'll love.
Here at Magnets USA, it's football season.
For the past three months, graphic designers Brian and Ray have been brainstorming, designing and perfecting our best-selling magnetic football schedules. Hear from them about what makes the 2016 lineup such a touchdown:
Brian has designed for a range of audiences, including an architecture firm and a software company. He approaches each project with multiple viewpoints, which helps him avoid creating something one-dimensional.
What’s the most important thing to consider when designing a football schedule?
The excitement of the sport. We try to reflect that in the design of each schedule.
What’s your favorite aspect about this year’s lineup?
We tried to approach the design process a little differently this year, and I think our designs will be appealing to both new and returning customers.
What’s your favorite song to listen to while you’re designing football schedules?
Something up-tempo to get into the right mindset.
Ray studied graphic design at Virginia Tech and has been designing for almost 16 years, mostly in print and web.
How do you get the creativity flowing?
Design ideas are brewing on the back of my head all through out the year, just waiting for the green light to start creating.
How does this lineup differ from years past?
This year's football lineup is pretty unique. We have the new middle personalization, so our clients' business information is more a part of the schedule — rather than just a football schedule with a business information attached to it. We also made it easier for our clients to pick and choose which teams they want featured on a larger schedule (available online soon). Lastly, eye-catching designs on most of our formats.
Who are you cheering for this football season?
It's way past due. This year is the year the Redskins reach the Superbowl. I love the time that leads to the beginning of football season because that's when every football fan is full of hope.
Our schedules feature eye-catching, die-cut shapes like house and bump. (Psst, We're offering shaped schedules at no additional cost right now. Hooray!)
Measuring 5.5 inches x 8.5 inches, our new Massive Make-Your-Own schedule can feature up to 14 teams of your choice.
Lucky for you, a lot of attention-grabbing features come naturally with our popular Festival & Event Schedules, like exclusive die-cut shapes, full-color printing and the best personalization around.
But here are some tips on getting the most out of your fun — and helpful — magnetic marketing piece:
1. Fine-tune your list of events.
Featuring great events will show you're a community expert. This is why we strongly encourage you to compile your own list — after all, you know your neighborhood and clients much better than we do! With the right tools, you can easily find the best, most interesting events in your area.
A great place to begin your search is your local Chamber of Commerce. They often offer visitor guides that are chock-full of popular festivals, fairs and shows. Other resources include civic center websites, local lifestyle magazines and the events section of your town's newspaper.
Remember, your schedule has room for 25 events, so make 'em count!
2. Make your schedule unique with a stellar photo.
While all of our festival schedules feature a gorgeous, high-resolution photo, you do have the option to provide your own. This is a creative way to showcase your town and make your schedule even more personal.
For best results, our graphic designers recommend sending an image that's at least 3.75 inches x 2.3 inches with a resolution of 300.
3. Choose Billboard Personalization.
Billboard Personalization is our modern, clutter-free way to feature your contact information and portrait. By only highlighting the essentials, your business has room to breath — and shine.
4. Mail smarter.
The very best schedule is one you don't have to mail yourself. With our comprehensive mailing services, we take care of everything — stuffing, sealing, addressing and delivering. We can even prepare a targeted mailing list for you.
Have more questions on creating a Festival & Event Schedule? Check out our 101 Guide.
So you just received your festival or baseball schedules. Now what? Sharing them with the masses! If you're up for a little legwork and a lot of fun, we can help you get them to the right people — because we understand that distributing is just as important as design. Here's what our marketing consultants suggest:
1. Your go-to businesses. Coffee shops, your doctor's office, a favorite sports bar — you're probably going here anyway, so why not leave behind some awesome marketing pieces?
2. Your friends and family. Give a stack of schedules to your biggest supporters, so they can distribute them while they're out and about.
3. Hair salons and barber shops. The latter is especially great for distributing sports schedules. Also, a useful schedule is the perfect pick-me-up for a bad haircut, right?
4. Elementary schools. By sending schedules home with students, their parents become your new prospective clients!
5. Chambers of Commerce. Leaving a stack of festival schedules at your local chamber is an easy and effective way to get your name out there to everyone who visits.
6. On your Facebook page. Post a photo of your schedules to your social media accounts, and ask followers to contact you if they'd like one. Don't underestimate the power of a post!
7. Minor League Baseball teams. Since these teams usually have very tight budgets, most are happy to partner with you to distribute their schedules.
8. Old-fashioned canvassing. As spring makes its way to your town, going door-to-door with your festival schedules is a tried-and-true way to interact with potential clients.
9. Convenience stores. Next time you fill up, leave a stack of baseball or festival schedules by the register.
10. Our full mailing services. No time to distribute schedules yourself? We completely understand. From stuffing and sealing to addressing and shipping your envelopes, we'll mail your pieces to your mailing list. Don't have a mailing list, or just want some fresh contacts? We can help with that, too.
Last week, our team rocked our biggest trade show ever.
Like every show, we revel in the opportunity to meet customers from all over the U.S. and Canada, shake their hand, look them in the eye and witness their reaction to our lineup of cutlery, calendars, sports schedules and more. Moments like these power us through those 10-hour days on our feet.
But what made this show — Keller Williams Family Reunion in New Orleans — so special? First, our booth. A Keller Williams Approved Vendor for nearly 19 years, we were very honored and excited to have eight tables for our Magnets USA and LifeLong Cutlery products. Not only did this gave us more opportunities to speak with agents one-on-one, but it also allowed us to introduce some fun new items from our LifeLong Cutlery Infinity Collection.
Thank you to everyone who stopped by the booth! We're happy to have you on board.
Lots of planning went into creating the perfect booth!
Two of our free cutlery winners, Keller Williams agents Kate M. (left) and Wende L.
We were treated to a front-row view of a New Orleans-themed parade. Only in NOLA!
Our team enjoying a group dinner at Mulate's.