Everyone loves receiving gifts, especially your clients. Whatever the occasion might be — a closing, a referral or a simple thank you — gift-giving is much more than an opportunity to put a smile on your client's face (although that's certainly part of the plan).
1. Gift-giving is a show of gratitude. Your clients didn't have to choose you. In a world where almost every industry is saturated, there is always another choice. But your clients saw something in you that set you apart from the rest. Show them how thankful you are for their business and their time with a meaningful gift.
2. Gift-giving enhances a client's overall experience. A gift is the cherry on top of a great experience. It brings your time together to a nice, neat close — all while solidifying your business relationship and creating a loyal client.
3. Gift-giving supports the power of reciprocity. This one's simple, but huge. Most people respond to a positive action (like gift-giving) with their own positive action (a referral or glowing review). In today's competitive market, you can't afford not to take advantage of this.
When choosing a gift for clients, ask yourself:
1. Is it unique? When clients are given a gift not many others have, they're more likely to show it off to friends and family. And when people talk about your gift, they tend to talk about you, too.
2. Is it useful? A gift that makes the recipient's life a little easier is always more appreciated than something superfluous.
3. Is it high-quality? Investing in high-quality, useful gifts costs you nothing in the long run and will return value many times over in referrals and repeat business. When you give a cheap gift, the opposite occurs; you've wasted your time and money and the marketing value is negligible. In the long run, cheap gifts actually cost you more.
4. Does the presentation scream something special is inside? Think of the way your gift looks as a first impression — it's everything. Not only does a top-notch presentation create excitement, but it serves as a reflection of your brand. Don't inadvertently cheapen your gift — and your name — by ignoring the value of the presentation.
5. Does it come with a warranty or guarantee? It's important to choose a gift from a company that stands behind their products. Be sure to include any information about the company with your gift, so future issues can be dealt with easily and promptly.
6. Are there long-term marketing benefits for me? It's well known that most clients are happy to work with you again IF they remember your name. When your business information is marked permanently on the gift, it's impossible to forget. Plus, a gift that features your information is, in most cases, tax-deductible.
Overwhelmed now to find the perfect gift, the one that answers "yes" to all of these questions? Don't worry. Our collection of LifeLong Gifts — known for superior quality, personalization that lasts a lifetime and wow-worthy presentation — was made for this.
See our Holiday Gift Guide for a round-up of our favorite personalized gifts.