Put a fresh spin on Valentine’s Day with this collection of Valentine’s Day card design ideas and messages. Plus, learn where you can purchase and send greeting cards and gifts together for around $5 each — postage included!
Make Your Own Personalized Valentine Cards
Approximately 190 million valentines are mailed out each year in the United States. While this number has yet to rival the number of birthday cards sent during the same time frame, it does provide undeniable proof that romantic love is still alive and well.
Are you ready to celebrate but need ideas for making homemade valentines? We have you covered with our large collection of design ideas for both cute and funny Valentine’s Day cards.
In addition, we also provide suggestions for Valentine’s Day card messages and quotes for the cards you buy! Personalize your greeting cards using handwritten fonts, your own custom photos, and a tuck in gift to make your valentine cards a unique gift experience.
Celebrating Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day has quite the macabre past. However, it evolved through the 14th and 15th centuries to become associated with romantic love. Handwritten valentines then later became an annual tradition 18th century England.
As the holiday became widespread throughout popular culture, it has grown into the custom we know and celebrate today. This includes giving romantic gifts of flowers, candy, and greeting cards as way to express love to someone special.
Keep reading to explore our wonderful selection of card design ideas along with suggestions on what you can write inside your
Valentine’s Day Card Ideas
These ideas for Valentine’s Day cards are perfect if you’re making your own homemade cards. Not only do these suggestions work well for DIY cards, but they also work great as messages inside blank cards with a decorative design.
Following are our best ideas for cute and funny cards for Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day Card Ideas for Him or Her (Couples)
Here are some DIY ideas for making homemade cards for a significant other or someone that you’re sweet on:
Card Ideas for Kids
Here are several cute ideas for greeting cards that you can make for kids for Valentine’s Day or that they can gift to one another:
Valentine’s Day Card Messages
Once you chosen a greeting card for your intended recipient, the question now becomes, what do I write inside?
Unless you have something really important to express to your recipient, you can keep your communication short and sweet. Following are some easy, one and two sentence ideas for what to write inside Valentine’s Day cards. Here are our favorite messages to use inside a valentine greeting card or gift note:
What are some Popular Valentine quotes?
If you still can’t find the right sentiment to write inside your Valentine’s Day cards, you use a valentine quote instead. Here are some of our favorite quotes to use for Valentine’s Day:
· Without Valentine’s Day, February would be…well, January. – Jim Gaffigan
· Where there is love there is life. – Mahatma Gandhi
· Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same. – Emily Brontë
· The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves. – Victor Hugo
· Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time. – Maya Angelou
· Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction. – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
· Most people are slow to champion love because they fear the transformation it brings into their lives. And make no mistake about it: love does take over and transform the schemes and operations of our egos in a very mighty way. – Aberjhani
· Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever. – Audre Lorde
· Romance is thinking about your significant other, when you are supposed to be thinking about something else. – Nicholas Sparks
· A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous. – Ingrid Bergman
· Love is being stupid together. – Paul Valery
· Love is a condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. — Robert Heinlein
· Anyone can be passionate but it takes real lovers to be silly. – Rose Franken
· Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves- alone we find it with another. – Thomas Merton
Where to Buy Valentine’s Day Cards Online
Obviously, we can’t all be Pinterest stars. So, if making homemade Valentine’s Day cards surpasses your skill set (or you simply don’t have the time) we have the perfect solution!
Minute Mail Gifts specializes in greeting cards and gifts. Not only does this unique greeting card service allow you to upload and personalize cards with your own photos and text, but we also mail the cards for you along with a gift!
Choose from blue or black ink for your handwritten message as part of the personalization. You can also select up to two photos to be printed inside your personalized Valentine’s Day cards. Then pull it all together by selecting a small keepsake gift. Minute Mail gifts will then professionally print your design and Valentine’s Day message inside and mail it, along with a tuck in gift, to your recipient on the date you select.
Not only is this online greeting card service an affordable way to mail cards and gifts together this Valentine’s Day, it’s also fast and user-friendly! Get started today.