Hopefully you treated yourself to a fresh stack of updated business cards for 2017. (If not, get started here.) But what should you do with all of the old ones? Instead of throwing them away, try one — or all — of these:
1. Enter for a free lunch. Whenever you visit your favorite restaurants, look around for a lunch giveaway basket — then make sure your business card is in all of them! You can't win if you don't play, right?
2. Reach potential clients. As long as your contact information is the same, they'll still be valuable when left at coffee shops and other places your ideal clients might shop.
3. Offer them up for swag bags. Again, if your primary contact information is accurate, donate them to local event organizers or your city's Chamber of Commerce.
4. Bring them to conferences. Exhibitors love hosting raffles at their booths! (wink, wink — we would know). Use your old cards to enter all the giveaways, and save your new ones for networking.
5. Hang on to some for a fun #ThrowbackThursday post. We love showing off our founder and president's (very) old Magnets USA business card. It's a great conversation starter and a reminder about our humble beginnings.
They might not say it, but your clients want to feel like they’re the only ones you’re working with. By making sure they have an unmatched client experience, you’re setting yourself up for more referrals and radiant reviews. It’s a total win-win.
Here are some easy ways (that go a long way) to show you care about your clients:
Before they’re your client
While they’re your client
After they’re your client
Staying top-of-mind is crucial to capturing Generation Y.
Did you know that most millennials don't shop around for a real estate agent? In fact, a whopping 72 percent of young sellers only contact one agent. One agent!
So what does this mean for you? You better stand out — and often. Staying top-of-mind is crucial to capturing Generation Y.
But how do you market to an entire generation and stay within budget? Luckily, that's a question that can be answered with any of our magnetic products, including sports schedules, magnetic business cards, notepads and calendars.
Each of these competitively priced products is designed to keep your photo and contact information highly visible, so referrals and repeat business are sure to follow.
Plus, we take a lot (read: a lot) of measures to ensure your personalization is featured prominently, professionally and — most important — long-term. Sports schedules boast a 6- to 10-month marketing life. Magnetic calendars keep you on the fridge for 12-15 months, and magnetic business cards and notepads are good for, well, ever.
Can your digital marketing campaigns promise that?
Everyone loves receiving gifts, especially your clients. Whatever the occasion might be — a closing, a referral or a simple thank you — gift-giving is much more than an opportunity to put a smile on your client's face (although that's certainly part of the plan).
1. Gift-giving is a show of gratitude. Your clients didn't have to choose you. In a world where almost every industry is saturated, there is always another choice. But your clients saw something in you that set you apart from the rest. Show them how thankful you are for their business and their time with a meaningful gift.
2. Gift-giving enhances a client's overall experience. A gift is the cherry on top of a great experience. It brings your time together to a nice, neat close — all while solidifying your business relationship and creating a loyal client.
3. Gift-giving supports the power of reciprocity. This one's simple, but huge. Most people respond to a positive action (like gift-giving) with their own positive action (a referral or glowing review). In today's competitive market, you can't afford not to take advantage of this.
When choosing a gift for clients, ask yourself:
1. Is it unique? When clients are given a gift not many others have, they're more likely to show it off to friends and family. And when people talk about your gift, they tend to talk about you, too.
2. Is it useful? A gift that makes the recipient's life a little easier is always more appreciated than something superfluous.
3. Is it high-quality? Investing in high-quality, useful gifts costs you nothing in the long run and will return value many times over in referrals and repeat business. When you give a cheap gift, the opposite occurs; you've wasted your time and money and the marketing value is negligible. In the long run, cheap gifts actually cost you more.
4. Does the presentation scream something special is inside? Think of the way your gift looks as a first impression — it's everything. Not only does a top-notch presentation create excitement, but it serves as a reflection of your brand. Don't inadvertently cheapen your gift — and your name — by ignoring the value of the presentation.
5. Does it come with a warranty or guarantee? It's important to choose a gift from a company that stands behind their products. Be sure to include any information about the company with your gift, so future issues can be dealt with easily and promptly.
6. Are there long-term marketing benefits for me? It's well known that most clients are happy to work with you again IF they remember your name. When your business information is marked permanently on the gift, it's impossible to forget. Plus, a gift that features your information is, in most cases, tax-deductible.
Overwhelmed now to find the perfect gift, the one that answers "yes" to all of these questions? Don't worry. Our collection of LifeLong Gifts — known for superior quality, personalization that lasts a lifetime and wow-worthy presentation — was made for this.
See our Holiday Gift Guide for a round-up of our favorite personalized gifts.
When our customers are happy, we're happy. So imagine how we felt when we came across this video testimonial by LifeLong Cutlery fan and real estate agent Debbie Jackson.
Debbie recently gave our gift-ready 3-Piece Kitchen Essentials set (shown below) as a closing gift and fell in love with the engraving, quality and presentation. Take a look at at what she has to say:
We could go on for days about the benefits of LifeLong Cutlery, our brand of premier client gifts, but we know that's just not as interesting as hearing it from fellow real estate agents — agents who experience many of the same challenges as you do.
Check out this short interview with Nancy and Bill J., a husband-wife team we met at a recent Keller Williams convention. It's incredibly inspiring to meet people who are impacted so positively by our products!
With a new school year comes big challenges and even bigger accomplishments. No one knows that more than your child's teacher, who spends weeks before the first day preparing for an amazing year (and often using his or her own money for supplies and decorations).
If you're lucky, your child's teachers will serve as an important, positive role model in their growth and academic excellence.
If their teachers are lucky, they'll receive unwavering support and appreciation from parents like you.
5 Ways to Support Your Child's Teacher This Year:
1. Share your skills with the class. If you're tech-savvy, offer to set up a classroom website. If you love sewing or crafting, ask your child's teacher if she needs help with decorations or projects. If cooking or baking is your passion, bring in a healthy treat for the class one day.
2. Help them restock. A few months into the school year, a teacher's supply closet starts to look a little sparse. Just offering to restock one or two supplies can make a world of difference to a teacher.
3. Master your child's nightly and morning routine. When your child feels prepared, great things happen in the classroom. Make each day count by getting your child to bed on time, making sure their homework is complete and providing them with a healthy breakfast.
4. Communicate with them. When things at home are stressful, your child's behavior can change dramatically. When teachers understand what's going on, they're better equipped to help your child during classroom time.
5. Treat them! Every hard-working educator deserves a thoughtful gift. Here at Magnets USA and LifeLong Cutlery, we believe in gifts that will last for years to come. Some of our favorite gifts for teachers include Stainless Steel Soap, our Keepsake Wine Box, Pizza Tongs and the 3-Piece Cheese Knife Set. Each one can be personalized for a heartfelt gift.
Return to proven methods of lead generation and building client loyalty. Answer your phone, respond promptly to inquiries and connect with clients personally and often.
For us, annual conventions like Keller Williams Mega Camp — which took place this month in Austin — are much more than an opportunity to introduce new products and connect with thousands of customers.
They're a way to learn first-hand about new challenges facing the real estate industry. After all, we depend on this knowledge to shape our products and processes.
WHAT DID WE LEARN AT MEGA CAMP?
In a speech to thousands of eager agents, Keller Williams co-founder Gary Keller warned of an oncoming market shift. The agents who survive this shift, he said, will be the ones who adapt now.
“The second you're in one market, start acting like you're in the next,” Keller said. "When a market shifts, there's only one thing to do: shift with it."
HOW CAN YOU ENSURE SUCCESS IN THE SHIFT?
It's simple, really: Return to proven methods of lead generation and building client loyalty. Answer your phone, respond promptly to inquiries and connect with clients personally and often.
HOW CAN MAGNETS USA HELP?
For 26 years and counting, we've offered products that generate leads and build lasting client relationships. Our products are tried-and-true tools that show you're a local expert and are passionate about the communities you serve. This is the type of agent who will survive a market shift.
5 WAYS TO GET STARTED:
1. Market with calendars. For years, our magnetic tear-off calendars have led directly to listings. With covers inspired by greeting cards, our calendars are an extra-special way to keep your contact information within clients' reach. But don't take our word for it. Hear from David R., who's been marketing with our calendars since 2010:
"We now receive requests for the calendar. I anticipate we will receive eight to 10 listings from our mail-out over the year. From experience, we know not all calendars are the same quality; yours are the best. For the money, this is the most effective marketing tool we use."
2. Include a Personalized Insert. A simple note can go a long way in today's screen-obsessed culture. Our personalized inserts — which you can add to just about any order — are a fun, yet professional, way to introduce yourself, ask for referrals and let recipients know you're always there to help (pictured above).
3. Give LifeLong Cutlery at your closings. Gift cards and wine get used and thrown away. A piece of engraved cutlery lasts forever. A closing is just the beginning of your relationship with a client, and nothing builds that bond better than a sincere thank-you gift they'll use every day. With so many recent additions to LifeLong Cutlery — including an ice cream paddle/serving spoon (featured below), there's something for every budget and client.
4. Show appreciation for referrals. The success of your business depends on referrals. When a someone refers you, don't let your appreciation go unnoticed. One of our favorite referral gifts is Infinity Stainless Steel Soap, a unique kitchen gadget that removes foul cooking odors (fish, onion and garlic) from your hands. The best part? Most kitchens don't have one!
5. Don't stop by without a pop-by. Let's be honest: "I was just stopping by" sounds so much better when you come bearing gifts. Reconnect with clients and introduce yourself to prospects with a little gift like our new Stainless Steel Bottle Openers (call to pre-order) and Infinity Kitchen Scrapers. Both gifts are personalized with your information, come with paper pillow boxes and are under $3 a piece.
Imagine this: The season's first high school football game is about to kick off, and every parent in the stands has already heard your name. Sounds amazing, right?
That's the opportunity you have when you market with magnetic high school football schedules.
Not only are football schedules extremely useful, but they're designed to keep your business information front-and-center on the fridge all season. And with so many layouts to choose from, you can feature all your local teams!
But what's the best way to get your schedules in the right hands? Here are two of our favorite plays:
Pass them out at games.
Stand by the ticket book and give a schedule to everyone in line. It's that easy — and fun! You'll meet tons of potential clients and show them you're invested in the community.
Leave some behind at popular hangouts.
Think about where fans go after a winning game. Nearby sports bars? Coffee shops? By doing this, you'll catch potential clients while the excitement of the game is still fresh.
No matter which one you choose (hopefully both!), know that magnetic football schedules are a marketing strategy that lasts. Packed with pertinent game information, they’re a convenient resource your community will refer to throughout the season — and a useful gift they’ll keep on their fridges or office filing cabinets for months.
How often do you think your business cards make it out of wallets? Once or twice a year? What if clients and leads saw your business information every day?
That's where our newest marketing product — The Infinity Kitchen Scraper — comes in. These bright, bold household essentials proudly and permanently feature your contact information and logo.
Clients will use their scrapers daily for removing stuck-on food from pots, pans, counter tops, windows and more.
Every side of the scraper is designed with care: The jagged edge easily cleans grills and refrigerator racks; the large, curved corner scrapes cast-iron skillets and large dishes; the small corner is perfect for glass dishes; and the raised edge offers comfortable gripping.
3 ways to make Kitchen Scrapers work for your business:
1. Use them as pop-by gifts. Walk your neighborhoods, say hello and leave behind a useful gift as a reminder of your services.
2. Use them as open-house favors. At your next open house, leave a basket of scrapers in the kitchen. Potential buyers won't forget it!
3. Use them like business cards at networking events. Stand out among other professionals with the most unique business card in the room. Plus, they're a great conversation-starter and won't get tossed.
Interested in trying Infinity Kitchen Scrapers? Learn more.