Return to proven methods of lead generation and building client loyalty. Answer your phone, respond promptly to inquiries and connect with clients personally and often.
For us, annual conventions like Keller Williams Mega Camp — which took place this month in Austin — are much more than an opportunity to introduce new products and connect with thousands of customers.
They're a way to learn first-hand about new challenges facing the real estate industry. After all, we depend on this knowledge to shape our products and processes.
WHAT DID WE LEARN AT MEGA CAMP?
In a speech to thousands of eager agents, Keller Williams co-founder Gary Keller warned of an oncoming market shift. The agents who survive this shift, he said, will be the ones who adapt now.
“The second you're in one market, start acting like you're in the next,” Keller said. "When a market shifts, there's only one thing to do: shift with it."
HOW CAN YOU ENSURE SUCCESS IN THE SHIFT?
It's simple, really: Return to proven methods of lead generation and building client loyalty. Answer your phone, respond promptly to inquiries and connect with clients personally and often.
HOW CAN MAGNETS USA HELP?
For 26 years and counting, we've offered products that generate leads and build lasting client relationships. Our products are tried-and-true tools that show you're a local expert and are passionate about the communities you serve. This is the type of agent who will survive a market shift.
5 WAYS TO GET STARTED:
1. Market with calendars. For years, our magnetic tear-off calendars have led directly to listings. With covers inspired by greeting cards, our calendars are an extra-special way to keep your contact information within clients' reach. But don't take our word for it. Hear from David R., who's been marketing with our calendars since 2010:
"We now receive requests for the calendar. I anticipate we will receive eight to 10 listings from our mail-out over the year. From experience, we know not all calendars are the same quality; yours are the best. For the money, this is the most effective marketing tool we use."
2. Include a Personalized Insert. A simple note can go a long way in today's screen-obsessed culture. Our personalized inserts — which you can add to just about any order — are a fun, yet professional, way to introduce yourself, ask for referrals and let recipients know you're always there to help (pictured above).
3. Give LifeLong Cutlery at your closings. Gift cards and wine get used and thrown away. A piece of engraved cutlery lasts forever. A closing is just the beginning of your relationship with a client, and nothing builds that bond better than a sincere thank-you gift they'll use every day. With so many recent additions to LifeLong Cutlery — including an ice cream paddle/serving spoon (featured below), there's something for every budget and client.
4. Show appreciation for referrals. The success of your business depends on referrals. When a someone refers you, don't let your appreciation go unnoticed. One of our favorite referral gifts is Infinity Stainless Steel Soap, a unique kitchen gadget that removes foul cooking odors (fish, onion and garlic) from your hands. The best part? Most kitchens don't have one!
5. Don't stop by without a pop-by. Let's be honest: "I was just stopping by" sounds so much better when you come bearing gifts. Reconnect with clients and introduce yourself to prospects with a little gift like our new Stainless Steel Bottle Openers (call to pre-order) and Infinity Kitchen Scrapers. Both gifts are personalized with your information, come with paper pillow boxes and are under $3 a piece.
Imagine this: The season's first high school football game is about to kick off, and every parent in the stands has already heard your name. Sounds amazing, right?
That's the opportunity you have when you market with magnetic high school football schedules.
Not only are football schedules extremely useful, but they're designed to keep your business information front-and-center on the fridge all season. And with so many layouts to choose from, you can feature all your local teams!
But what's the best way to get your schedules in the right hands? Here are two of our favorite plays:
Pass them out at games.
Stand by the ticket book and give a schedule to everyone in line. It's that easy — and fun! You'll meet tons of potential clients and show them you're invested in the community.
Leave some behind at popular hangouts.
Think about where fans go after a winning game. Nearby sports bars? Coffee shops? By doing this, you'll catch potential clients while the excitement of the game is still fresh.
No matter which one you choose (hopefully both!), know that magnetic football schedules are a marketing strategy that lasts. Packed with pertinent game information, they’re a convenient resource your community will refer to throughout the season — and a useful gift they’ll keep on their fridges or office filing cabinets for months.
How often do you think your business cards make it out of wallets? Once or twice a year? What if clients and leads saw your business information every day?
That's where our newest marketing product — The Infinity Kitchen Scraper — comes in. These bright, bold household essentials proudly and permanently feature your contact information and logo.
Clients will use their scrapers daily for removing stuck-on food from pots, pans, counter tops, windows and more.
Every side of the scraper is designed with care: The jagged edge easily cleans grills and refrigerator racks; the large, curved corner scrapes cast-iron skillets and large dishes; the small corner is perfect for glass dishes; and the raised edge offers comfortable gripping.
3 ways to make Kitchen Scrapers work for your business:
1. Use them as pop-by gifts. Walk your neighborhoods, say hello and leave behind a useful gift as a reminder of your services.
2. Use them as open-house favors. At your next open house, leave a basket of scrapers in the kitchen. Potential buyers won't forget it!
3. Use them like business cards at networking events. Stand out among other professionals with the most unique business card in the room. Plus, they're a great conversation-starter and won't get tossed.
Interested in trying Infinity Kitchen Scrapers? Learn more.
Our tagline boasts "Products that Inspire." But really, at the heart of our company, are people that inspire.
Yesterday, several of our employees joined our friends at Keller Williams Realty to deliver supplies to the flood victims in West Virginia. What they witnessed was life-changing.
What Becky saw
Once the supplies were unloaded, we traveled around the streets closest to the river. The destruction and devastation was shocking. People were quietly working to carry out water and mud-soaked belongings — or what was left of them. They were still in shock, but at the same time, so thankful for the gallons of water we carried to them. Over and over again, we heard "God Bless You" and "Where did you travel from?"
I asked a young mother if her two small boys were okay. She softly stated (so her boys could not hear), "We have to find a new home." She was fighting back tears. I could tell by the look on her face that she had lost everything.
In the center of town, an entire parking lot was filled with people preparing food, donations of food and supplies being dropped off. There was a quietness in the air, as if no words needed to be spoken.
What Sabrina saw
I don't have much money, but what I do have is time and strength. I went to West Virginia because Keller Williams gave us this great opportunity to help a community in need. I can't imagine how helpless they all must feel. It was a truly powerful experience that I was happy to be a part of. The most rewarding part of volunteering was going down each road to deliver water to those unable to get to the supply tents or check-points. They were all so truly thankful and stoic, despite the odds.
What Toni saw
Yesterday's trip to West Virginia was a very humbling experience for me. I thought of how we take things like running water and lights for granted. Those affected by the storm were so grateful to receive a gallon of water to wash away some of the devastation they had endured. I am truly changed by what I witnessed.
What Hank saw
I saw so many people with the look of hopelessness on their face, and yet they've bonded together to help one another. I never heard a cross word from anyone, only helping and caring. This really opened my eyes to what we all take for granted. My heart was filled with joy knowing I did something to help, if only for a few hours.
We might be biased, but our 2017 calendar lineup is gorgeous, helpful and unique. That's all due to these dedicated guys and gals you see here. Led by our amazing graphics manager Susan, this group of designers has spent the past several months creating a collection we think you'll love.