This week, get to know two more lovely people in our Magnets USA family. First up is Jennifer Beishir, manager of programs. If she's not working away on a project, Jennifer can usually be found in meetings. Lots of meetings.
Next, get to know a little about Sharon Stanley, one of our marketing consultants and a former real estate agent. As someone who knows the ins-and-outs of the industry, Sharon is here to help.
How long have you been with Magnets USA? 13 years.
What’s the most rewarding part of the job? I love that I have been able to move up in the company. I started in sales and have moved through our administrative department. I was the trainer for several years and am now the manager of programs (fancy name for project manager). Because of that, I am able to voice my opinion and be heard. I love being able to help form decisions about the company’s direction.
What’s your favorite TV show? Right now, it's “Scandal.” I am definitely someone who can binge-watch a show on Netflix, so it’s whatever I am watching right now. Also love "Big Brother" and “Survivor."
Who in your life inspires you? My dad. My mother passed away when I was young, and my dad and I had always been close, but that brought us closer. He has always been there for me, and he has always shown me unconditional love no matter what. He instilled in me a work ethic that I am proud of and gave me a love of good music and old movies. He is my hero by simply being a kind and generous person.
What’s one of your favorite childhood memories? When I was about 7, I was staying the weekend with my grandparents and was jumping from various pieces of furniture in their family room. My grandpa came in and watched me climbing up and down and around. When I noticed him, he said, “I won’t tell if you don’t." He laughed and walked away, and I continued climbing until I heard my grandma coming. I don’t think she would have been as accepting of me using her furniture as a jungle gym as my grandpa was.
How long have you been with Magnets USA? Four years in August.
What's the best part of the job? Talking to other REALTORS® and keeping up with the market, as I was a licensed REALTOR® for 20 years. We have an outstanding selection of quality products and items of value that are effective marketing tools for anyone in business.
What's your favorite genre of music? Most all, except rap and opera. I love Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd, Art Garfunkel, Josh Groban and Moody Blues — too many to name!
What would your perfect day be like? Shopping on 5th Avenue in Naples, Florida, or St. Armand's Circle in Sarasota, then lunch at The Columbia. Some afternoon beach time and a nap afterwards. Finally, a coastline drive with the top down on my car, to dinner on the beach watching the sun set into the ocean — preferably with a nice gentleman companion.
What's your favorite thing about living in Roanoke? Good restaurants and my mom and daughter are here. Otherwise, I'd live where it's warm all the time. I hate cold weather and snow.
This week, get to know a little about one of our marketing consultants, Jayson McCoy. As a consultant, Jayson handles sales for Arkansas, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina and Canada. He also frequently travels across the country to attend trade shows.
How long have you worked for Magnets USA? One year.
What's the best part of the job? Making connections and friendships from all over the country.
What's your favorite local restaurant? Town Center Tap House in Daleville, Va.
What's your favorite book? It's very cliché of me and it's a recent read, but "UnMarketing" by Scott Stratten. I consider it a must-read for anyone who sells marketing or markets their brand.
What's one of your proudest accomplishments? Being a dad, for sure. My children are my life.
This week, get to know Graphics Manager Susan Gordon and Heywood Thomas, our customer experience supervisor.
Susan manages a staff of eight professional designers, one proofreader and two pressmen. Together, this creative team heads all product designs, customer proofs and printing.
Heywood — one of the first smiling faces you'll see when you come visit us — works with clients who have custom artwork and specific design requests. She's also the mastermind behind our annual multi-family yard and bake sale (this year, all proceeds benefited the MDA and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital).
How long have you been with Magnets USA? 463 weeks, two hours, 53 minutes … give or take a few seconds.
What’s the best part of the job? I work with a wonderful and talented team.
What’s your idea of a perfect day? Going to Rural Retreat, Virginia — a.k.a. “home” — with my family.
What’s the furthest place you’ve traveled? Panama. The country, not the U.S. city.
If you could ask your future self one question, what would it be? "What would you change about your life?"
How long have you been with Magnets USA? A little over two years.
What's the best part of the job? Working with all departments — as well as the clients — to ensure the best results.
What's your favorite childhood memory? My family owned a Christmas tree farm, and I loved working all year and selling them at Christmas. I still enjoy the smell of sawdust and chainsaw fuel.
What's your idea of perfect getaway? I like being outside and in the sunshine. So a nice remote beach or camping area is ideal for me.
What's your favorite local restaurant? Burger in the Square. Nothing like a good burger!
Here at Magnets USA, our goal is to offer services and products that inspire. Inspire what, though? Community. Gratitude. Happiness. Organization. Relaxation. Healthy living. Family time. Memories. Sincerity. New beginnings.
But behind all these important messages are employees who are inspired to create them. So get to know us! Every Monday, we’ll feature two people from our Magnets USA family. You'll learn a little about what we do and who we are.
First up is Marketing Manager Randy Johnson.
1. How long have you been with Magnets USA? It'll be 11 years in October.
2. What’s the best part of the job? The people and the feeling of family.
3. Where did you go on your most recent vacation? Waikiki Beach, Oahu Hawaii (jealous?)
4. If you could give one piece of advice to a large group of people, what would it be? Learn how to use "two," "too" and "to"; "there," "their" and "they’re"; and "your" and "you’re." Also, when to use "a" and "an."
5. If you were a superhero, what would your powers be?
Invisibility, definitely invisibility. Or lasers out of my eyes.
While the rest of the world focuses on Brazil for the FIFA World Cup, we at Magnets USA are swept up in the hype of football season — well, specifically, football schedule season.
If you haven’t already incorporated our magnetic football schedules into your marketing campaign, we’re (shamelessly) here to recruit you. So huddle up and listen closely!
1. They come with a built-in fan base. Baseball might be America’s pastime, but football is a way of life. From high school teams to professional picks, Americans’ loyalty to the gridiron is as undeniable as wings at a tailgate. This is what makes magnetic football schedules such a community-based marketing tool — they’re a way to connect with your clients’ personal interests. And because our templates can feature up to six teams’ schedules, you’ll be able to please everyone — and all for around $1 per contact.
2. Finding fans is easier than ever. We can provide you with contoured mailing lists and help you choose which teams to include on your schedule — teams that will mean the most to your clients.
3. Schedules with high school teams are the perfect excuse to connect with potential clients face-to-face. Pass them out at Friday night games, in ticket lines or at Booster Club meetings. It’s no secret that small efforts to put yourself out there can reap big rewards.
4. Magnetic football schedules are a marketing strategy that lasts. Packed with pertinent team information, they’re a convenient resource your customers will refer to throughout the season — and a useful gift they’ll keep on their fridges or office filing cabinets for months.
And like all the products we offer, we can do the mailing for you — that’s right, the entire mailing process. By choosing our mailing services, we’ll address, stuff, seal and transport your product to the U.S. Postal Service. What could be easier?
To get started on your order, give us a call at 800-869-7562. OK, now break!
To hear how our magnetic high school football schedules helped boost one customer's marketing campaign, click here.